How to change name in SBI account?
How to Change Name in SBI Account – Here is a quick step-by-step guide for the people who are searching for How to Change Name in SBI Account. It is important to know the bank account before changing the name of the bank account. The types of bank accounts are savings account, current account, term deposit account, and recurring deposit account. The purpose of a savings account is to save. The current account is open for business. Term deposits and recurring deposits are types of term deposits. In this article, we will see how to change name in SBI account?
Often when an account is opened, there are mistakes in the name. Sometimes these mistakes are made by the bank and sometimes due to spelling mistakes in the documents, sometimes the name changes after the marriage of a woman or the person change his / her name. In this case, the name of the bank account also has to be changed.
How to change name in SBI account ?
How to change the name in SBI account- If for any reason a person wants to change the name of his bank account, he can change the name of the account in a very simple way. The following points should be considered for this.
- First the account holder needs to have his Aadhar card. Also, the name on the Aadhar card needs to be correct. If there are errors in the name on the Aadhar card, the account holder should first correct the name on the Aadhar card.
- Along with Aadhar card, PAN card, voter ID card etc. documents are required.
- Along with the documents, a written application has to be submitted to the bank.
- The name of the bank can then be changed.
How to change name in SBI account online?
How to change the name in SBI account-
- If the account name is to be changed online, the account holder needs to have an internet banking facility.
- First enter the username and password and log in.
- Once logged in, go to my account and profile.
- You will see many options in my account and profile, select profile from them.
- In the profile option, select the option personal details and account number.
- Then a profile password is requested.
- After submitting the password, options like display name, email id, mobile number will appear.
- If the account holder makes any transaction, the transaction will be displayed under whatever name the display name is.
- After submitting changes, the account holder’s name is successfully changed.
See Also – What is Threshold Limit in Banking? and 6 Amazing Rules for SB a/c
How to change name in SBI account after marriage?
How to change the name in SBI account- After marriage, there is often a problem with the name. After a woman gets married, her father’s name and surname are changed to her husband’s name and surname. In such a case, if the woman has an old account, then there is a problem of renaming. And it is necessary to change the name of the account.
- To change the name after marriage, two documents like a marriage certificate and gadget are required. Either of these has to be a document.
- Married woman should have an Aadhar card with a new name. If the Aadhar card is with an old name, it will not be used. Therefore, it is important to change the name on the Aadhar card first.
- When you go to the bank with the above 2 documents, you have to do KYC first.
- One has to fill the form of KYC, take a photo, an Aadhar card and marriage certificate and written application.
- Your account is then renamed.
See Also – All About Huntington Bank Near Me and Amazing 8 Facts About Huntington Bank.
How to change the nominee name in SBI account?
How to change the name in SBI account- According to RBI rules, each account is required to have one nominee. No more than one nominee can be appointed. Nominee means a person appointed by the account holder to whom the account money is to be paid after the death of the account holder. The account holder can change the nominee as many times as he wants. In the case of the death of the account holder, only the nominee is considered. The following should be considered by the account holder to change the nominee.
- First login to the official website of sbi.
- After entering the personal banking window, enter the username and password.
- To change the nominee, click on the request and inquiry option.
- Then select the online nomination option.
- After registering the nominee, you will see as many accounts as you have in that bank. Each of those accounts is different but one account can be assigned one.
- To change the nominee, the nominee is asked for the name, date of birth, the relation of the account holder with the nominee.
- After submitting and verifying details, the nominee’s name is changed. (OTP is sent to the registered mobile number from the bank for confirmation.)
Format of application letter for How to change name in SBI account?
The Bank Manager,
State Bank of India,
…………… (Address of the bank)
Sir / Madam,
I have been your bank account holder for the last….. years. My account number is…………. My name on my account has been changed to…………. (Misspelled name) but my name on Aadhar card………….. (Correct name). Therefore, it is my humble request to correct my name on my account.
Leave a Comment