1 What is Doorstep Banking?
3 what is the age limit for door step Banking?
4 State Bank of India’s Door Step Banking Facility –
5 Doorstep banking registration
6 How to use doorstep banking service?
What is Doorstep Banking?
In this article we can understand What is Doorstep Banking? How to use doorstep banking service? and 5 Easy Steps for Registration Doorstep Banking. With the initiative of public sector banks, the concept of doorstep banking became a reality. In which various facilities of the bank can be available at the customer’s door. This facility is implemented through door step banking (DSB) agents through about 100 major centers in the country and includes both financial and non-financial services.
What is Doorstep Banking? How to use doorstep banking service? and 5 Easy Steps for Registration Doorstep Banking
Public Sector Bank Alliance which offers Doorstep Banking Service-
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Indian overseas bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sindh bank
- Union Bank
- Uco Bank
- State Bank of India
What is Doorstep Banking Service ?
1. Financial services –
- Cash delivery
- Cash deposit
2. Non financial services-
- Pick up service (from customer to bank)
Filling check, filling check slip, clearing check cancellation, filling IT / Gov./ GST invoice, filling form of standing instruction, submit kyc documents etc.
- Delivery service ( from bank to customer)
Account statement, Term deposit forms of customer, TDS and Form 16 certificate, Demand Draft, Pay Order to be filled, Form 15H to be filled etc.
what is the age limit for door step Banking?
1.Who can use the facility of Doorstep Banking as follows: –
- Senior citizens above 70 years of age
- Physically weak people
- Blind person
- Account holders whose kyc is complete
2. Doorstep banking facility cannot be used by the following customers: –
- Customers who have a joint account.
- Minor account holder
- Which account is used with the help of Power of Attorney.
- Inoperative account or account KYC not completed.
- NRI account
- Whose account is not personal ex. HUF account, trust account etc.
- Uneducated customers
State Bank of India’s Door Step Banking Facility –
Corona virus is currently preventing people from going out and in many countries lockdown has been implemented at the time of going to the bank or ATM to withdraw money but due to time constraints, people have been inconvenienced, but door step banking has helped a lot Done. This facility is available in selected branches of State Bank.
Sbi provides doorstep banking services to its customers as follows –
- Cash delivery, Cash deposit, Check deposit, requisition slip of cheque, Draft Filling, Form 15H Filling, Kyc Documents etc.
- We can send request to State Bank toll free number from 9 am to 4 pm to avail this service.
- In order to avail the doorstep banking service, a request has to be sent to the home branch where registration is done.
- Only customers, whose account kyc documents are complete can avail this service.
- Service Charges- 60 + gst for a non-financial visit and ₹ 100 + gst for a financial visit.
- There are also limits on paying or withdrawing money. One person can withdraw or pay ₹ 20,000 / – per day.
- Customers who have a joint account will not be able to avail this service.
- This facility is not available even for minor account.
- Apart from SBI Bank, HDFC Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank also offer doorstep banking.
Doorstep banking registration
After knowing how Sbi provides doorstep banking services to its customers, now we can learn what is doorstep banking? how to use doorstep banking service? and 5 easy steps for registration doorstep banking. State Bank of India and Punjab National Bank, two major public sector banks, have recently launched doorstep banking facility through their twitter accounts. The following registration method is used to avail doorstep banking.
1. Bank Accountant –
In order to avail the services provided by the bank, the customer must first be an account holder of the respective bank.
2. Completion of Kyc –
Account holder needs to complete kyc. In Kyc (know your customer) two documents are important first one is aadhar card and second is pan card. If the account holder does not have kyc update then the customer cannot avail this service, so kyc is also very important in doorstep banking.
3. Registration –
The toll free number of each bank is different. Registration for this service can be done by calling the toll free number or by visiting the website of the concerned bank or by downloading the mobile app of the bank.
4. Mobile number –
The customer should register his current mobile number.
5. Registration through mobile app-
After logging in to the mobile app, the customer has to fill in his bank details, then otp comes to the customer’s mobile number for confirmation. After confirmation, bank name, name of the account holder, and account number, account type and branch name are displayed in the app. The bank provides a facility through which the customer can choose the branch of the concerned bank at a distance of about 10 km. The customer can enter the address graham app at any address he wants to avail this service at his convenience. The bank charges the customer a special fee for providing these services.
How to use doorstep banking service?
1. Pick up request –
- The customer first has to make a pick up request through the app.
- The agent appointed by the bank reaches the address given by the customer.
- To confirm the pick up, the customer shares the service code with the agent, and the agent completes the validation process by entering the code into the app.
- After the validation process is successful, the customer writes the information of the instruments you are giving in the slip and the agent puts the slip in an envelope and delivers it to the bank.
- This is how the process of document collection is carried out by the agent.
2. Delivery request –
- The customer first has to make a delivery request through the app.
- The agent appointed by the bank delivers a packaged envelop to the address given by the customer, in which the instrument is requested by the customer through delivery request.
- The customer shares the service code with the agent to confirm the delivery, and the agent completes the validation process by entering the code into the app.
- After the validation process is successful, the agent gives the documents in envelop to the customer and completes the delivery process.
3. Track Order –
The following details are required for tracking the order given by the customer ex. Agent name, status request ID, request type, charges etc.
4. If service request is to be canceled –
In the pick up service, the pick up request can be canceled before the agent takes the relevant instruments from the customer.
Delivery service can cancel the delivery request before the bank request is completed.